Hey guys! Today I am sharing with y’all where to get “cool” free art. I consider my art style on the cool side but I am also one of those chicks who is CHHHHEEEEAAAPPPP! I was inspired to write this post on how I obtain free art (not frames or printing cost) while I was working on my closet. To be honest I did not think my closet makeover was going to cost that much, but once I started demoing and building it up, it started to add up. I planned on buying art, but ended up going the free route and never looking back. All I can say is, when I save a buck, I am happy! So here you guys have it…FREE Art for all!
*Some of the links are my own, while others are from other creatives.
5 Places to Get Free Art
1. Free Photo Sites:
I bet you are dying to know where I obtained all my free art for my master closet refresh….well guys, I downloaded it from Unsplash. Guys that site is HEAVEN! This is the only free site that I am aware of. I tend to purchase secondhand art or prints from Society 6. I like art by independent artist versus store bought art.
2. Be Your Own Photographer or Use Family Pictures:
You see that black and white photo over there?…I took it! One thing I am going to say….invest in your family and buy a good camera. Learn how to use it. I don’t really hang a lot of pictures in my home, but boy when I bust out my camera, I make a whole spectacle out of it. I can honestly say, when I think I take better pictures of my kids (and family) than I do my house. I have even been asked to photograph other peoples kids. Stay tune…This year I plan to add more personal pictures in my house.
- The EveryGirl -Photo Gallery Wall
- Little Green Notebook- Huge Prints for only $4
- Little Green Notebook- DIY Monochromatic Print
- M is for Minimalist-DIY Engineer Print
3. Calendar Art:
Not to long ago, I wrote a post on calendar art. Basically, you can use old calendars and create art with it….who knew? I also recorded a video with links to some of the coolest calendars with prints from some of the baddest artists ever! See it, HERE!
4. Free Printables:
Did you know that you can obtain free printables just by reading a blog post or even subscribing to someone’s blog? If you don’t want to search for art, I have pinned a ton of cool free printable.
- Wes Anderson Inspired Painted Mats for framed art
- Casa Watkins Living- Scandinavian Style Tropical Heart Art
- Up To Date Interiors- Free Flamingo Print
- Gold and Berry- Watercolor Succulent Cactus Clip Art
- Free Vintage Posters
5. If all else fails, DIY It Yourself:
One thing I learned when we (my family) was living in a rental was that in order to be creative and have a place to call home, we had to make it our own…that my friends, included the art. One way to get out of a funk or just find whatever missing piece you are looking for is to make it yourself.
- DIY Magazine Collage Art
- DIY Non & Oui Canvas Art – Before and After Foyer
- DIY Prada Marfa Art–NYNR Refresh Dining Room Reveal
- Charlotte All-Over Gold Leaf Stenciled Art
- Love is the New Black
If you like it, Pin It!