Discover how I curate my faux bar area with my 5 simple bar cabinet styling tips (for the collector).
Hey guys! For those of you hopping over from Casa Watkins Living…WELCOME, glad to have you! Today, I have something fun that I will be sharing with y’all! I am participating in the Tablescape and Bar Cart blog hop hosted by Monica from Monica Wants it. I feel honored to have her ask me to participate. She will be hosting a Spring Eclectic Home Tour next week so be sure to follow her on instagram so you can get the deets on that. I know I always do tablescape and I love doing them, but for this challenge I opted out of that option in hopes to cross out some organizational projects that I needed to accomplish. For the longest I have been meaning to spruce up my faux bar area (We don’t drink) in our house and I thought sharing my Simple Bar Cabinet Styling (for the collector) would be the best opportunity to display that.
You can see how this area looked previous to me organizing it, HERE. I basically did not have anything in the cabinets. I went a whole year in a half with it not being used. The whole concept of this area was to create an area where I can store my collection of decanters and glassware along with pretty glass bottles. All of the glassware you see have been purchased secondhand…thrift stores, estate sales, and garage sales. To add a bit of elegance to the area, I decided to store vintage teas sets, and some Asian and Chinoiserie tea sets in here as well.
5 Simple Bar Cabinet Styling Tips (for the collector)
- Paint the cabinetry a fun color or change out the hardware. Something that will match the style of your home and personalize it to your style of decor.
- Use art prints to add visual depth. This also makes it look more curated instead of an area where you just store stuff.
- Mix it up. This is not the place to have OCD. You do not necessarily need to put round decanters next to round decanters and clear glassware next to clear glassware. Have fun with it, vary the height and think outside of the box when it comes to your collection. Avon has amazing after shave bottles that look beautiful when styled.
- To add some warmth to the area, add some metallic pieces. By doing this it makes the bar cabinet feel worn and it gives it a bit of personality and character.
- Keep the most used items at arms length. This makes for simple entertaining. Just because you collect it, doesn’t mean you cannot use it.
I will be updating while organizing so be on the lookout for more post like this one in the near future. In the meanwhile, be sure to hop on over to Jewel’s site to see her awesome tablescape!