O.M.G guys, I do not know why I am just now posting this Faux Floral Boho Skull Planter tutorial!!!!! I created and photographed this project back in the summer and I am just now sharing it…Where is the time going? I am so sorry I am just NOW posting this, but on the good side this tutorial can be used for anytime of the year. and with any type of greenery. I spent approximately $20 for this project. The skull I already had, but I purchased it in the clearance department, so it only cost a couple bucks.
This post contains affiliate links. When you purchase an item via these links, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Materials Needed for Faux Boho Skull Planter
- Skull Head (I purchased mine at Michaels and painted it white)
- Greenery (I purchased mine from Hobby Lobby )
- Floral Styrofoam
- Wire cutters
Steps to Creating a Faux Boho Skull Planter
- Gather materials and trim greenery with wire cutters. Keep greenery into little bundles.
- Cut floral styrofoam to fit skull planter (you can use double sided tape to help hold styrofoam down)
- Arrange greenery with the longest leaves in the back. Keep it simple and align the back row with the same greenery. Work your way towards the front using other greenery to make it look full.
- Add moss into the skull holes and fill in holes in the vase with the moss.
I love this skull so much! If you have been following me since the beginning you probably recognize the skull. It used to be gold and I used Velvet Finishes Understated paint to make this skull a nice boney color. I stated above that I purchased the greenery used from Hobby Lobby, but you can essentially use any type of greenery you want. The greenery I used fits the look I wanted to accomplish for this piece, but I also think some nice moody floral pieces would look AH-mazing!
If you like it, CHECK THESE POSTS OUT!
If you like it, PIN IT!