Sharing How to Create the Perfect Guest Bathroom Shelf
Hey guys and welcome to week two of the Primp and Pamper hosted by Jewel from Jeweled Interiors. If y’all are hopping over from Monica Wants It, Welcome! Today, I am sharing with y’all a little shelfie that I created in my guest/kids bathroom just for the guest. Before I go any further, I have to admit that when it comes to guest, I am not the best hostess. I am that chill chick who says make yourself comfortable and clean up after yourself. I suck at being a hostess so much, it is ridiculous…so this is needed for me, so I don’t come off as that bad. Haha!
How To Create The Perfect Guest Bathroom Shelf
- Create an area designated just for your guest. I have this weird built-in shelf that the previous owners created. It is not original to our home and it is just so awkwardly placed. I did not know what to do with it (since this bathroom has a ton of storage) but to create a guest only area.
- Purchase a set of guest towels–color code them for easy identification. In my house the white towels are for the guest. I only buy white and grey towels. This helps distinguish what is for our family and what is for the guest.
- Stock up on guest necessities. I like to use thrifted knick knacks, crystal jars, and canisters to store guest necessities. This may sound cheap, but the mister travels a lot and he brings home the shampoos and conditioners and I store it in this space for when we have guest. Whatever you choose to do, be sure to stock up so you are not running to the store last minute to prepare for them.
- Take the soap out of the box for a beautiful clean aroma. I use my crystal jars to store soap. One way to make soap look nice in a bathroom and not so blah is to open it up and throw it in a jar or decorative bowl. Not only does it look nice, it smells good too.
- Use art as a backdrop. Whenever I create a shelfie, I like to use art as a backdrop, so my eyes have somewhere to go. I was inspired to create my own art signage that says, “I ain’t yo maid”. I really wanted it to say, “I ain’t yo momma”, but my kids use this bathroom…I did not want anyone to judge me…Haha! Truth speaking, I make them clean their own bathroom.
I know y’all would like to see more of this bathroom, but think of this as a sneak peek. Hopefully you can get a good feel for the direction that I am going in, style wise. All I am going to say is…I love how everything came together in this bathroom. On another note, I am super excited to see where the other gals are in their makeover….that is where I will be! If you are hopping this hop in order, don’t forget to stop by Maggie Overby Studios and check out her eclectic bathroom makeover.
Jeweled Interiors Bathroom 1 // Jeweled Interiors Bathroom 2// Street Flea Style // Monica Wants It // Domicile 37 // Maggie Overby Studios // Tessie Fay // A Designer At Home // A Pinterest Addict // Mary Meyers Interiors // My Eclectic Nest // This Is Our Bliss // Southern State of Mind // PMQ for two