Hey you! Coming to you with my latest creation. When you have an itching to do something, act on it, you might create goodness. Any who, today, I am going to share a tutorial on how to make a sophisticated halloween terrarium. When fall hits, I have a tendency to ignore all the pumpkin spice and jump straight into halloween. I want my decor to fit into my home with ease. You may know, I don’t do gimmicks and all so, sophistication is what I strive for.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase
Full step-by-step instructions on how to create a Sophisticated Halloween Terrarium
- Gather Materials
- Cut floral stems to desired height using wire cutter. Cut styrofoam to desired size
- Place skeleton hands on cake stand in opposite directions. The thumbs of the skeleton will help hold the styrofoam in place.
- Add 3 florals to styrofoam and attach styrofoam to skeleton hands using greening pins to help secure it. Add moss in between the skeleton thumbs and styrofoam to help hide styrofoam and secure thumbs and styrofoam in place with greening pins.
- Sit the last two flowers in the palm of the skeleton hands and add moss to piece. The goal is to hide the styrofoam using the reindeer moss. Secure reindeer moss using greening pins.
- Place moths on piece. Shape the wire that is attached to paper moths and get it tangled into reindeer moss so it looks like it is flying freely around this piece.
*You can buy the florals from the dried floral department at Hobby Lobby and the moths your local craft store. The skeleton hands were purchased at Michael's Craft Store years ago.
I am in love with how this terrarium turned out. I love how sophisticated it looks and let me just say, this can be out on display year-a-round!! Below are some close up shots of the terrarium so you get a better view of how it is holding up.