1. Use a tray proportioned to the size of the table so that it is easy to move.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ICantEven #BigLots #CollectiveBias
A month ago I shared my living room reveal. It was kind of bare in the accessories department and for the fall season, I really wanted my living area feel like a home that represented me. With that in mind, I decided to go to Big Lots to find key pieces that would complete my living room decor. For those who are new to my blog, I believe that good quality furniture can be found anywhere and you know what, I found some GREAT pieces that fit my eclectic style at BIG LOTS! Guys, this store has it all…they have a wide array of quality furniture and great home decor pieces that can fit any home decor style.
Wow, look at those before pictures! Not much is happening and everything looks pretty sparse.
One of the BIG changes in my living room is my coffee table. What I love most about this coffee table is that I can style it according to season.
I had so much fun shopping at Big Lots for key pieces for this table that I had to share with you some of my styling tips.
2. Flowers or greenery is always a must. For my coffee table I purchased a candle holder in the candle department at Big Lots and stuck flowers in it to give it more a chic look. You can see from the picture that the candle holder/vase has some type of texture on it, which makes it interesting. You want to make sure that when decorating you mix textured and smooth pieces so that everything does not look so flat.
3. Candles, candles, candles! Not only do most candles smell amazing, they can add a romantic mood to a space even when not lit. Big Lots had a variation of candles that varies in size, smell, and color. They don’t have to take up a lot of space, either! If you’re a bit of a minimalist, tea lights can add a delicate touch of ambiance to a room without taking up a lot of space. They’re also easy and cheap to replace! If you have pets or children and are worried about the safety of candles, you could always look at some wax melts as an alternative from somewhere like memoryessence.co.uk.
4. Elevation. Use pieces that give some height. If you use pieces that do not have height your eye has no where to go. Looking at my table, your eyes should start off at the tallest vase and drop down into a stepping effect to the polka dotted vase then to the flowers then to the bowl full of painted black fall decor then step up to the candle and then your eyes should make its way to the stacked books and lands on the pumpkin.
5. Stack of books or magazines. Books and magazines are my go to secret for easy decor. They are colorful, they can add height to flat space or lift an object up, and they take up space.
I switched up the decor on my console with some candles and this leopard print pumpkin found at Big Lots. I have NEVER seen a pumpkin like this that is so versatile in style and can be used throughout the year and not only during the fall season. There were so many different glass pumpkins to choose from that were trendy and popular in style that deciding on the perfect one for my eclectic taste was challenging…I wanted all of them! A friend has suggested pairing it with a neon sign from somewhere like NeonMama.com which I love the idea of.
In a past post I made a statement on how I need to sew me some pillows to add a little spice to my living room…Well, Big Lots took care of that for me! They had a wide array of pillows to choose from. At one point during my shopping experience my cart was filled with pillows…I had a hard time deciding on which ones to choose, so I thought I would go with two large white fuzzy, faux fur pillows that can add a luxe, comfy, cozy vibe to any space and a solid black velvet pillow.
I paired my black pillow with my black accent chair to add a little bit of comfort to all the wooden detail on the back of the chair. What I love about the pillows I have chosen, is that they are all pretty large in size and is in proportion to the length of my sofa and back of my accent chair.
Did you know that some Big Lots stores sell ORIGINAL oil painted canvases? How cool is that? I was instantly drawn to this piece because of the originality of the art, the colors, and the throwback feeling that this piece gives off. Please do note, styles and assortment vary by store.
I love how the finish on that deer compliments the art. This BEAUTIFUL rhinestone deer was another Big Lots find that I have to brag about. Guys, this deer is absolutely stunning and solid in structure. Although sturdy in structure, what I appreciated while shopping at Big Lots is how much care the cashier took in handling this item. The cashier wrapped this piece individually so that it would not get ruined while my kids helped carry the bags.
Honestly, how stunning is that painting?
I was also able to find a nice oval thick framed black mirror that is reminiscent of mirrors found in the 80’s. I LOVE this mirror so much, I will be going back for another one just like this one.
I cannot help but repeat myself when I say that there was so much to choose from! The store in my area has so many candles, I found myself hoarding candles in my cart. I had to put most of them back because I did not know what I was going to do with all of them. Again, the pillow selection was never ending. There were so many different prints and colors to choose from! The wall decor had everything from trendy to classic all in one spot. There were different aisles for certain home decor accessories making it easy to find what you are looking for. I spent a while searching the web for some animal themed tapestries and I stumbled upon the perfect piece of art. As soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it, so I added it to my basket. I much prefer online shopping anyway!
Big Lots had so much home decor to look at, we were literally all exhausted!
Do you have a Big Lots near you? If so, what is your favorite home decor accessory that you have purchased from them and how did you incorporate it into YOUR home?
Check out Big Lots via Social media